The most successful and fulfilled professionals are constantly getting educated, either formally or on their own, so that they can always be practicing their craft at the highest levels of competency and passion.
I was awarded an MSLIS with an Information Organization & Knowledge Representation concentration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign School of Information Sciences as part of their low-residency LEEP program in May 2007. I was also awarded the 2007 Library School Alumni Association Student Award and inducted into the Beta Phi Mu International Library & Information Studies Honor Society.
Additionally, I was elected LEEP Liaison on our Student Chapter Board of the American Society for Information Science & Technology for 2005-06 when we were named Student Chapter of the Year by ASIS&T National.
For descriptions of each course, please reference the full catalog.
- LIS 501: Information Organization & Access
- LIS 502: Libraries, Information & Society
- LIS 504: Reference & Information Services
- LIS 507: Cataloging & Classification I (now Introduction to Bibliographic Metadata)
- LIS 508: Collection Development
- LIS 560: Digital Libraries
- LIS 577: Cataloging & Classification II (now Advanced Bibliographic Metadata)
- LIS590I: Indexing & Abstracting
- LIS590II: Interfaces to Information Systems
- LIS590LW: Web Design and Construction for Organizations
I was awarded a BA with a Creative Non-Fiction Writing concentration from Eugene Lang College, The New School for Liberal Arts, in May 2002.
Select Courses & Workshops
- Unified Modeling Language (UML): The Complete Guide (Udemy), September 1, 2017 (in progress)
- From Waterfall to Agile: A Change in Engagement, Not Result (Bluegrass IIBA), October 17, 2018
- The Value of Adding Business Architecture to Your BA Toolkit (Bluegrass IIBA), September 19, 2018
- Persuading the Bear: How to Influence Without Authority (PMI-CV), September 11, 2018
- The Art of Eliciting Requirements (Bluegrass IIBA), August 22, 2018
- Root Cause Doesn’t Have to Hurt Like a Root Canal! Five Proven Techniques for Understanding Business Needs (Bluegrass IIBA), April 18, 2018
- BA and PM Partnership – Keys to Successful Collaboration (PMI-CV), March 27, 2018
- Performance & Process Improvement – Green Belt Certified (CAPS), August 8-October 12, 2017
- Business Analysis Essentials Master Class (Bridging The Gap), April 10-July 28, 2017
- Usability and Accessibility Have a Conversation: How Accessibility and UI/UX Teams Can Collaborate for More Inclusive Products (3PlayMedia), May 11, 2017
- Emotional Vital Signs: An Introduction to Emotional Intelligence (CAPS), April 26, 2017
- Change Management Fundamentals (VTTC), April 13, 2017
- Lean Skills Builder: Workload Management (SOV ANR), April 10, 2017
- The Basics of Motivational Interviewing (Center for Achievement in Public Service), February 23, 2017
- Tips for Getting Your Colleagues to Adopt Universal Design for Learning (Online Learning Consortium), January 26, 2017
- Pilot Project Participant, Cohort 2 (Design for Learning: 21st Century Online Teaching and Learning Skills for Library Workers), February-December 2016
- Project Management Professional Certificate (UVM Continuing Education), October 7-December 16, 2016
- Leveraging Your Volunteers: SME Review the ASCO Way (SLA Taxonomy Division), October 28, 2016
- Vermont Library Conference, 2005-2015, 2018
- Design for Learning Online Conference Series, 2017
- Association of College & Research Libraries New England Chapter Virtual Conference, 2012-2015
- New England Technical Services Librarians Annual Spring Conference, 2009-2013, 2015
- Library Technology Unconference, 2013-2014
- New England Library Association Annual Conference, 2008-2013